Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Lonely Sucks

It ain't no easy thing. Lonliness comes calling on the richest and the poorest. As for me, I've always been okay with being alone for hours sometimes even days. I've gone to restaurants and eaten all by myself many times. Movie theater alone? No problem. I like my company I guess, and my mind is always whirring. However, there comes a time when being alone just plain sucks, you know? Enough already. I haven't had true companionship for years. God created humans and saw that they needed companionship to thrive - remember the story - He saw it was not good for the man He'd created to be alone so He created woman for him. It's there in Genesis, the first chapter of the bible. So, when people say to me, "why do you NEEEEED a man, boyfriend, husband et al.?" They must be okay without companionship. Or they are maybe not happy with what they have and wish they could be without them.  I don't know, maybe they're just superhuman. Even if they say that they can focus on God more that way, well, that may be true for them, but you can't discount the many spiritual giants we read about who had a spouse and children and a ministry even, and managed to keep a close, intimate relationship with God too. It's true, God created the first human to have relationship with Himself, but He realized as stated in Genesis, that they needed companionship with each other too. Humans were created to pair up. Period. I'm just sayin.